Many dive bars are considered go to places when watching undiscovered talent but the ambiance of the dive bar is easily celebrated and shared amongst patrons. Like Lady Ga Ga who help sponsor a dive bar tour across the United States, dive bars are accustomed of having that level of celebrity. In fact, here is a listing and description of 5 of the best dive bars on the west coast today that have everything entertainment, casualness, comfort and trendiness.
- The Den on Sunset 8226 West Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood California. You can join other den goers with happy hour Monday – Friday 5 pm.-7 pm. And on Sundays, it is Sunday Funday Brunch when you can eat delicious foods. Walk ins are always available however of there is a party of 12, there needs to be reservations.
- The Burgundy Room located on 1621 North Cahuenga Blvd. Los Angeles, California
It is tiny but carries popular music in the punk rock genre and has outgoing dive goers willing to share the Ouija board table inside.
- Woods Bar and Brewery located on 288 East 18th Street, Oakland, California A bit of a Midwestern type bar. The Whiskey is always overflowing.
- Golden Bull located on 412 14th St, Oakland, California. This dive bar has an unpretentious and relaxing atmosphere mixing rock, metal and punk. They have a good selection of local craft beer and daily drink specials. While also carrying pinball, pool and even a photo booth!
- Flanahan’s Pub located on 3805 Noriega St, between 45th and 46th Avenues in San Francisco, California. Despite providing patrons with a great menu, they have a divey Irish pub feel. It is small but carries a big punch.
- The Hi Dive location- Pier 28 on the Embaracadero also in San Francisco, California. Surrounded by high price hotels and bars, many fellow bar divers love the chance to intermingle with the tourist and regular goers.
- The High Tide Lounge- located 600 Geary Street (between Jones & Leavenworth) in San Francisco, California. It is the kind of dingy place to drink and brush your worries away even if te faces are unfamiliar.
This is just a listing of seven dive bars that are great to visit and listen to music. Each of the small dive bars are charming and cool. It all depends on the attendee. There are more listings online.